TukuToi Maintenance allows you to create and control your own custom Maintenance Screen for WordPress or ClassicPress Websites.
- Activate and Deactivate Maintenance Mode easily
- Optionally Dequeue (all) Styles and Scripts (of themes, plugins and core) to make styling of the Custom Maintenance Screen easier
- Add Custom Logo and Custom Background Image to the Custom Maintenance Screen
- Add Custom Header and Footer Text to the Custom Maintenance Screen
- Add CountDown to the Custom Maintenance Screen
- Add Custom HTTP Header Message and HTTP Header Status Code
- Add Custom "Retry After" value to control Bots crawling behaviour
- Filter to load your own Custom PHP Template instead of the Plugin Default Template
What does TukuToi Maintenance Plugin do?
TukuToi Maintenance allows you to setup and control a Custom “Under Maintenance” or “Comins Soon” Screen for your WordPress Website.
The Plugin is lightweight and has an Integrated Reading Settings Section allowing you to control all aspects of the Maintenance Screen from the WordPress backend.
You will be able to control the image (or color) of the Maintenance Screen, add a Custom Logo, add a CountDown and a Custom Heading and Footer Text, as well as a Custom HTTP Message and Status to your Maintenance Mode Screen.
This plugin solves the problem of the may Maintenance Plugins which are full bloated Page Builders, instead of lightweight and easy to use, quick to build Maintenance Screens. For more design control, you can still load your own PHP Template (and use all of the Plugin Options at the same time)
How to use the TukuToi Maintenance Plugin?
By default, on install of the plugin, nothing will happen. To enable the Maintenance Mode, you have to check the “Activate” Box in your WordPress (or ClassicPress) > Settings > Reading > TukuToi Maintenance section.
This will by default put your site under maintenance, this means the front end to logged out users will barely display the Theme’s main background image and/or color, but nothing else. A 503 Temporarily Unavailable with 3600 seconds timeout will be added to the HTTP Header.
You can further control this, by adding your own Background Image, Logo, control HTTP Message and Status, as well as add Custom CSS, JS and Header + Footer Texts.
If your theme Interferes with the styling, you have an option do dequeue the theme styles and scripts temporarily.
If this is not enough, the
tkt_mtn_template_path filter will allow you to load your own 100% custom PHP template used to render the Maintenance Mode Screen.
Does this Plugin work with ClassicPress?
Yes, this plugin does and will always work with ClassicPress as well as WordPress.
If you find any issue, or would like to see more features, please submit them to the GitHub Repository or contact us.
June 25, 2021 | Version 2.0.3
- [Changed] Removed options class completly as obsolete.
- [Changed] Refactored code to be WPCS compliant.
June 22, 2021 | Version 2.0.0
- Breaking change: Removed JS and CSS options. Previously saved CSS and JS won’t work anymore.
- Breaking change: Changed Classnames of HTML in plugin.
- Using WP Enqueue functions instead of inline script.
- Security: Escape all $variables that are echo’d.
- Removed HTML Title tag as provided by WP already.
- Removed inline style and added to CSS File instead.
- Added viewport and charset langauge metatags, added language attributes to HTML tag
June 21, 2021 | Version 1.0.10
- Adjusted Readme Typos and Wordings
- Remove empty, unused, or non-enqueued code and files + references
- Best practice checking of user capability instead of user roles
- Some CSS improvements
- Remove instances of word “core” and replace with “main”
June 19, 2021 | Version 1.0.0
- First Commit
Download and UpdatesYou can download the plugin from GitHub
Report Bugs to the GitHub Repository. You can download the plugin from the WordPress Plugin Directory.
Ask for Support, or report BUGs to the WordPress Plugin Support Forum. You can also read, or add reviews for the Plugin here!