Technology Awareness for Children Today
Written By Hira Arshad on March 8, 2022 at 8:08 am
What technology awareness needs to be given to children nowadays? We all understand that technology has an irreversible impact on our society. With time, technology is becoming part of our life and we depend on devices to connect. This has become a new normal where we engage ourselves through modern-day technologies. In this scenario, it is difficult to keep our kids away from these high-tech devices. Children see their elders in the family and adapt to this habit of using phones excessively. They will have a more interactive experience with devices like PCs, laptops, notebooks, video games, media, television, smartphones, etc. The more time they spend on the internet, the more they lose interest in other productive activities and put an adverse impact on their academic performance in the long run. In doing so, they start recognizing voices and images more than reading and writing. Your kids may learn new skills if they spend more time on the internet but at the same time, it increases the threat level as well. You may find them knowing things too early at their age. They will question more about certain things and keep exploring more information.
Technology Awareness for ChildrenTechnology awareness is important for children nowadays. They need to be aware of the dangers and benefits of technology to make smart decisions when using technology. Many dangers come with using technology, such as cyber-bullying, online predators, and sexting. Children need to be aware of these dangers and know how to protect themselves. Technology also has many benefits. For example, it can help children learn and connect with others around the world. Children need to be aware of both the dangers and benefits of technology to make smart decisions when using technology. Parents can help teach their children about technology awareness by talking to them about the dangers and benefits of technology, setting rules for using technology, and monitoring their children’s use of technology. It is also important to model good Technology Etiquette for Children yourself.
Benefits of Technology for Children Of All Age
- IQ Level
- Solving Problems
Negative Impacts of Technology on Children
- One of the dangers of technology is that it can be used to bully others. Children need to be aware of the dangers of cyberbullying and know how to protect themselves from being bullied online. They should also be aware of the consequences of bullying, both online and offline.
- Another danger of technology is that it can be addictive. Children need to be aware of the dangers of becoming addicted to technology and learn how to use technology healthily. Technology can also be used to harm others. Children need to be aware of the dangers of sharing personal information online and how to stay safe when using the internet.
- When children start spending more time on the internet, they give less time to family and friends close to them. They get virtually connected with other people and lose the real connection with their parents. This relationship may get weaker with fewer social skills.
- Technology can also have many benefits for children. Children need to be aware of the positive aspects of technology and learn how to use it positively. Technology can help children learn and connect with others from around the world. It can also help them develop their skills and interests.
- Children need to be aware of both the dangers and benefits of technology to use it safely and wisely. Parents can help children learn about technology by talking to them about it, setting good examples, and providing appropriate access to technology. Technology awareness is an important part of raising children today.
- Excessive use of technology and more screen time results in a lack of sleep and disturbed sleep cycles of children. Reports say that around 72% of children have one device in their room. This decreases their efficiency to focus on other productive tasks and their brains work on irrelevant tasks more.
- With more screen time, there comes too much scrolling and browsing. Most of the websites contain viruses that may take your children to 13+ or 18+ content. They may fall into the wrong hands and ruin their lives forever. Parents are responsible to keep a check on their kids of every age and limit the use of high-tech devices.
ConclusionWe can improve the positive impacts of technology on children while reducing its negative impacts. Your children will learn good things from technology devices if you emphasize their positive usage. Here are the protective measures you can take to make improvements in the use of technology.
- Reduce their screen time gradually
- Find them a good outdoor activity or a hobby
- Create a schedule to emphasize playing non-computer games
- Watch your screen habit to limit your children as well
- Better keep high-tech devices like tablets and smartphones out of sight to avoid excessive usage
- When you stay consistent and seek commitment with your family regarding the use of technology, you will be able to limit their screen time.